Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Custom Dragster


A few weeks ago, Elise emailed me about a custom purse order. She and her sister had seen my Dragster design on an iPhone / Gadget Pouch at Little Shop Of in Carnegie, which they loved, but they were looking for a purse to hold change and ATM cards.

So, I ordered a custom piece of fabric, and a nice new gleaming purse frame, and used Nikki's  150mm Purse Frame Pattern to make a custom Dragster purse.


I made an addition of some nice sturdy card pockets on the insides.

I really love how this one turned out!

12 comments:

sister outlaws said...

You're sewing is SOOOOooooooooooooo good Cam! The sister above me had a second hand dragster. I was always very envious!

Janine said...

Elise and Erin are gonna love it! Great work Cam.

Rie said...

Love it - it's a great practical size, adore the grey & white dragster with the surprise blue on the inside. Brilliant!

Sandrine said...

Love those purses too your fabric will make them extra special!xx

Elise said...

Thankyou so much Cam!!
My sister Erin absolutely loves it!!! She has been showing it off to everyone, on the weekend walking around the city I asked her if she wanted to put it in my bag so she didn't have to carry it... And she said "Nope, I want to carry it, it makes me happy!"
Win!!
x

Cass said...

Awesome Cam. I love the addition of pockets inside

Fiona said...

What a fantastic, one-of-a-kind purse!

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Cam..I understand Erin's reaction..if it were mine I wouldn't want to hide it in my bag either!

Libster said...

such lovely sewing!! very professional, my glasses case is being used on a daily basis.... and the sunnies havent broken!!

Melissa G said...

This is nice. I like the blue fabric lining.

Mistea said...

Way cool bike or should that be purse - Just both. You are too clever!
And Erin gets to enjoy and show it off. yay

Lucky-1 said...

I enjoy your blog and I am wondering how easy is it to put a clasp in??

Thanks

HUGGLES
Lucky