Friday, October 28, 2011

A Dragster Theme


There seems to be an unintentional theme happening this week.

This one was a request from my mum. She needed a birthday pressie for a friends daughter who is a tween. I have absolutely no clue what tweens actually like, so I hope this fits the bill.


While making it earlier this week, I had one of those really strange experiences where I just couldn't remember how to make an adjustable strap. Then once I'd worked that out again, I managed to sew the straps onto the bag outer the wrong way up. Weird.

Anyway, I like how it turned out (after all that unpicking).... it's not too girly I hope?

5 comments:

Leonie said...

gorgeous! It is impossible to know what tweens will like, they change by the minute. But I'm sure she'll love that.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

This bag is brilliant! I always love the combination of pink and black. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm sure the tween will too.
And, I had one of those "moments" yesterday...incredibly tired and doing my crafting on a motel bed...I forgot how to cast off my knitting?!?!?!

Miss Prudence said...

I just can't get enough of the dragster!!!
Did you have a dragster?
I sure did. Metallic orange, it was a boys' one ,my Dad was too stingy to buy the flower seat one like Marcia Brady's). So he bought the flower basket separately.
Man they were a sweet comfy ride.....Hey i made dragster cards this year, see my card blog.

Naturally Carol said...

Not too girly I don't think, kinda girly, but not overly..I think you've done well.