Saturday, July 11, 2009

In case you haven't heard

The Handmade Help Recipe Book is now available for pre-order.

From the website:

In February 2009 Victoria was victim to the worst bushfires on record, which wiped out entire communities, caused 173 deaths and left thousands without homes or shelter.

The Handmade Help Recipe Book evolved as part of handmadehelpsout.blogspot.com by a group of crafters and artists who wanted to contribute to the recovery effort.

The result is a truly international cookbook, packed with treasured recipes and family favourites, donated by people across the globe who wanted to help including well-known chefs such as Margaret Fulton, Allan Campion and Michele Curtis.

All proceeds from sales of the recipe book will be donated to the Salvation Army


The book is available as a hard copy or as a pdf download. There will be a limited print run of hard copies, so it's best not to dilly dally or you'll miss out.

You may even find one of my recipes inside!

It's the perfect gift idea (I've ordered seven copies).

8 comments:

Nic said...

Thanks - I have just ordered three!! Looking forward to some yummy recipes.

Unknown said...

Oh great thanks , like craft books I can never have too many recipe books especially for a good cause !

Taccolina said...

I just got back from talking about the book, and found your post! Thanks for telling people about it, Cam. It's printing now and the recipes will be DELICIOUS.

Leonie said...

have my hardcover one on order, can't wait for it to arrive!

Thereisabuttonmissing said...

I've ordered mine. A hard copy. I should have ordered more for Christmas presents though!

Jenny said...

I ordered the download copy yesterday and am looking forward to making lots of things-there are some great recipes for sure. I didn't think about giving them as presents-what a good idea

Anonymous said...

I've ordered my copy too..... Ilove these types of recipe books. It reminds me of fundraisers in Primary School.

Kate Moore said...

I love recipe books people have contributed to. They have the best treats inside.
Hmmm, now that would be another book, would't it?