Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thankful

I'm always thankful when I collect the mail and there are no bills....

I'm even more thankful when I collect the mail and find crafty packages waiting for me....

I'm not thankful when the postie folds and then tries to shove those packages through a tiny mail slot instead of just reaching around and putting them in the mailbox from the rear.....

Luckily, there were no breakables - just pretty things.

I won a giveaway over at Willy Wagtail - and hilariously (given the rate at which I seem to lose these) - the giveaway was for A whole weeks supply of seam rippers. There are actually seven of them, and Cherie also included a lovely Bendigo tea towel (where I used to live), and a sweet little doilie. Thanks Cherie!

The next package contained all of these lovely tea towels and a beautiful handmade owl card.
Ngaire contacted me and said that she had these left from a garage sale of her hubby's grandmothers things. Ngaire doesn't have a blog but she liked my aprons, and so she generously offered to send them to me. Isn't that sweet? Thanks Ngaire.

....and then this little suprise package arrived in the mail from Amy at Badskirt - it's the perfect floral print for me! Thanks so much Amy. I'm going to whip myself up a little zippered purse, using the trim as a wrist strap - perfect for hands free shopping..... adding it to the list in my head as I'm typing....

20 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

that trim is really cute :D
always nice getting something other then bills in the mail (or postman keeps shoving letters through the mail slot, even ones that will fit so they end up bent and crumpled :/ we have a door bell, use it! kind of getting annoying :/ )

Betty Jo said...

I just got back from a trip to Bendigo...visited over 12 op shops in one morning!!!!The Salvos in the Main St. has racks of teatowels, if you need any more NOT!

Julia said...

A real treasure trove!

Betty Jo said...

P.S. They should teach Posties how to put a parcel in a box PROPERLY at Mailman school.Sorry, Mailperson school.

Kate said...

Some nice goodies you got there; the floral fabric is gorgeous!

My postie is just as bad, I have a huge letter box, yet all my mail gets folded in half...

Michelle said...

Woot! Loot!

Becky said...

I have a PO Box and the mailman in there is a 'stuffer'. I mark any return envelopes 'Do not Bend' but it does not make much difference :(

What great Tea towels, the International Code Flags will make a great apron for a guy.

Sarah said...

I really like the fabric and the "weeks worth" of seam rippers cracked me up

Jenny said...

Gotta love all that lovely post-am having a big blogland catchup today-can't believe I've missed so many of your entries-you have been a busy bee!

Leigh said...

I am back in blogland!! I have missed you and your blog so much! I have been getting caught up! I feel like I am the lucky one, getting to see all the prettiness on your blog!! But, I agree everyone at my house knows if mama has good mail it is a happy day!

Elizabeth said...

hurray for fun mail!

Trudy said...

That's funny. Congratulations on your win.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Great packages in the mail this week. Love the trim. I'm always looking for my seam rippers, maybe I should get a couple more!
Our postie is pretty good. We have a large milk-can letterbox (it is starting to go quite rusty now) and it's big enough to fit most mail. In summer, it even accommodates a family of Bleating Tree Frogs :)

muralimanohar said...

A week's supply of seam rippers...always a good thing! I am practically petrified of dumping my old, snapped, dull rippers, because I just KNOW I will lose ALL my other ones just in time to need to rip 10 stubborn stitches out before completing a project, so the poor, broken ones remain kicking around, waiting for their shining moment of glory. :p

I need to get back into the swing of package-y goodness...it's been too long!

Unknown said...

What a lovely Lot of Goodness you have there...love the Fabric...has my parcel arrived yet...I posted it from Qld last Friday...if not it shouldn't be too long.
cheers

Missie Krissie said...

hey cam, I've lost your address somehow- can you send it to me again pls? Just so you can get another nice package in the mail! :)

Reenie said...

I think I have to get myself a Bendigo teatowel

Tania said...

I am really and truly beginning to feel somewhat sorry for your postie, who used to get up in the morning thinking his job description was easy to post bills!

Karin said...

Oh, packages in the mail are almost always fun. Just the feeling of ripping open the paper. Lovely! Have fun with that beautiful fabric. At least you can make mistakes in sewing now, huh? :-)

Ngaire said...

I have got to get one of those Bendigo tea towels too seeing as I live here. Our postie either shoves things in the box and just leaves them at the front door which annoys me even more!