Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swiney strikes again

I really wanted to enter the Smiths 'Do us a flavour' competition.... after all, potato chips are one of my favourite foods in the world (only beaten by chocolate and ice-cream).

I'd been trying to think of a really yummy flavour for a little while, and then kept promptly forgetting to enter, until last Sunday which was the final day of the competition. I logged on to the website to find that I not only had to enter my flavour (Roasted Pork Crackling), but also an image to go with it.

Panic set in..... I was out of time to create an image and my brain was on a go slow, so I couldn't even think of anything.... until a little lightbulb moment. Could Swiney help me to win?

I figured that Pork = Swine
I also figured that the Swine Flu Epidemic = Lots of extra publicity
But, do the judges have a sense of humour?
But, would Smiths want their product associated with the Swine Flu?

I have no idea, so I'll just have to wait and see.....

I hope that they at least get a laugh out of it!

23 comments:

flickettysplits said...

LOVE your idea - both for the flavour and the image! I want to enter that competition too ... I'm thinking of Sausage & Onion ....

littlechrissy said...

Oh I forgot to enter! I was thinking pesto and parmesan...

Liesl said...

What an excellent flavour - I hope you win. I want to eat those chips!

I am having a laugh thinking about a bunch of foodies trying to identify swiney!

Tammy said...

ROFL ... Good luck.

Christina Lowry said...

Oh swiney, do your best! If you need to you an threaten, bribe or plead, whatever it takes.

:)

Amy Badskirt said...

Your flavour sounds terrific. I entered myself with Mango Chicken and a picture of one of my chickies! I guess we have to wait for months now to find out how we did!

Tania said...

I trust, for maximum impact, you provided the full description of all Swiney's impressively viral parts? And you can bet your bottom dollar it would make for one memorable chippy experience...

Bek said...

I don't know about the judges, but I had a little chuckle. Sounds yummy.

Gail said...

Thanks for the giggle!
I so needed that right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing!!!!

Katy said...

Very cool idea!

Michelle said...

ha...
so funny...
but the flavour does sound a winner...
I do think they will have a chuckle too...

Cindy said...

Swiney really is a man for all occasions. I think they could have a deal wehre you collect enough barcodes and send in for a swiney!

Gina said...

Cam, you're a card!
And boy oh boy, you've done so much Swiney 'advertising', I feel embarassed. Ok, ok, I feel chuffed. Nice to get some mileage out of a silly idea.

Cathie said...

:) hilarious!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Gold! do it!!!

Michelle said...

Well, if the judges don't laugh, you can rest assured that I certainly did!

Bellgirl said...

Go Swiney! Mmmm, tastes like pandemic.

our shabby cottage said...

My mouth is watering just hinking about that flavour! I got a laugh even if they didn't?

Jennifer Rose said...

lol! :D

well I am sure it will get people's attention :)

Anonymous said...

Love it Cam!

Stacey said...

I really wanted to enter a chicken korma flavour, but forgot about it!

I hope your swiney flavour gets up.

Sarah said...

Haha, that's BRILLIANT!