Sunday, July 12, 2009

Whoops

Life has been a little hectic at my place lately. Always too many things to do and not enough time and energy to get it all done.

I'd had a request from a girlfriend a few weeks ago for some new bibs. Her kiddies are very dribbly, and so she wanted some thicker bibs with an extra layer of flannel in the middle.

I was eating dinner Wednesday night when I suddenly remembered that I hadn't made the bibs, and I was going to be heading to her house on Thursday for lunch.

Quick as a flash, I cut them out (including the extra layer) and sewed them together......

.... and then realised that I put the bottom flannel layer on back to front.

This is one of those times when I should take heed of the lesson learned, and not start new sewing projects after dinner. Hmmm let's see if that works!

15 comments:

Jemma. said...

Well, they're still very nice :)

Sarah said...

Aww, that's a pity. They were such cute bibs too!

Nikki said...

A bib is a bib is a bib.... if it catches the dribble, then it doesn't matter which way the flannel is facing!

Gina said...

Hey, maybe you'll have hit on the hottest new way to do bibs! I hope you're going to give them anyway?

Amber said...

Oh you are amazing, i could not whip those up in two weeks and look at you. Lucky friend to have you..xx

Michelle said...

every time I rush, things like this happen...oh well they still look great and really you don't look at the back...

Miss Muggins said...

No one looks at the back of bibs! Many a mistake has been made in haste.

Anonymous said...

no-one would know but you. they look like great sized super absorbent bibs. super stylish bibs - just what your friend ordered :)

Christina Lowry said...

Hmmm... must go and check out the back of my bibs. I haven't really noticed them before... although the fronts aren't as cool as these.

:)

Megan.K. said...

They look gorgeous Cam... and are probably just as absorbant as you need them to be.

Cindy said...

They all look so good so surely that counts

sewfunky said...

Wrong side might be softer around the neck... :)

A mistake like this could start a new trend! ;)

Melanie said...

I do terry-towelling on the back of mine - nice and absorbent for clean-ups :) Flannel will probably serve the same purpose.

PaisleyJade said...

oh no - what did you do in the end... leave them? (I think they still look fine)

Liesl said...

Oh rats ... don't you hate that. But maybe it can just be your secret .... I think they look great. I really love that black fabric with the animal print - I put some in the stash earlier in the year.