Friday, March 25, 2011

Help! - updated

After finally getting a replacement printer on Monday, my PC screen decided to die on Wednesday!

I've just been to buy a new one (check out the size difference compared to my mini laptop).... but I can't work out how to get it out of this weird stretched wide-screen view.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Edit: All fixed - phew!


Betty Jo said...

I took mine back and got a square one.
You can't change the strechy was doing my head in.

delia said...

Have you tried playing with the resolution of your screen? Betty Jo is right, you have bought a wide-screen monitor, but try playing with the resolution before you return it.

Microsoft's how to here

Donnell said...

You really shouldn't need to return it. I believe you can right click on the desktop and select properties. Then select the tab at the top that has something to do with appearance and fiddle with the slider that manages the screen resolution. I use a Mac at home so I can't fiddle with it and tell your for sure until I've gone to work again.

Tas said...

Glad you got it sorted before I go here. I can turn a computer on, turn a computer off and do a few little things in between but other than that, they are all Greek to me. A bit like cars :P How did things go at the vet's?

Julia said...

I'm glad you got it fixed. I would have been no help to you at all with this problem.What a great computer!