Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stars and Stripes


In case you hadn't already noticed, the t-shirt quilt that I'm slowly working on, is made up of tees that were bought by the soon to be quilt owner on a trip to America last year.

She wanted an American themed backing fabric (which I couldn't find here in Australia), so I searched around online for some options for her to choose from. She's chosen this American Tribute Waving Flags fabric which I found at The Quilters Garden.


I ordered a little bit of extra fabric so that I could whip up another Kitchenaid Cover for her.... and I couldn't resist taking a photo of it on my beautiful Australia tablecloth!

Waste not, want not...


She's also ended up with a pot holder!

3 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

They are great! And the kitchen Aid cover, good idea, I bet she'll LOVE it!

beachvintage.com said...

Fabulous, love how it turned out.

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

WOW, you really did make the most of your fabric! They all turned out fabulous ~ you have a very lucky friend. I've been watching your t-shirt quilt take shape and can't wait to see it finished.