Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pursed


There's a very lovely brand new purse just about to be released over at Nicole Mallalieu Design.... which I was lucky enough to be able to test run last week.

I chose to make the base version, without the overlay, using this gorgeous fabric that Tinniegirl brought back for me from her US trip last year.

I'd been saving it for a special occassion to make something just for me!

I've never made a purse with a curved frame before, but this wavy fabric suits it perfecttly.


To get an idea of the size, here it is with my *barrel purse.


One of the things that I most enjoyed about making this one was sitting on the couch, stitching the beads and frame into place at the end.

Can you spot my little accidental design feature?

If you're super quick, and pop over to Nikki's blog, you may still make it in time to guess the name of this new purse, and be in the running to win a copy.


* I found money in my barrel purse - $7.80 Woohoo!

14 comments:

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Gorgeous! The fabric and the purse frame match perfectly. Great this one is for you :)

Anonymous said...

oooh, it's lovely Cam. i will be looking forward to the pattern being released so that i can make one too! love the fabric you have used.

x

Stomper Girl said...

Super cute! Love the fabric, love the bedazzled frame. Couldn't spot the *design feature* either!

Tas said...

Argh! First Kate and now you. Stop making such gorgeous purses or I'll have to buy this pattern ;)

Fiona said...

Lovely purse, CAM. Great fabric for it. The pattern is on my wish list!!

Unknown said...

O Wow...i love love love love love love this...yes i did say love it ;-)) Its stunning gorgeous design and beautiful fabric its a real beauty, its nice to make something for yourself, i can't see the fault it looks perfect to me. dee x

Unknown said...

Pretty!
The fabric is just perfect for that shape. It is lovely.

Naturally Carol said...

That's lovely vibrant sparkly fabric...nice work with the pink and red diamontes too!

Unknown said...

I like the mis-matched beads. Are you sure you didn't do that on purpose? It looks too good to be an accident. I also like how the little dots on the fabric match the beads on the frame.

Sandrine said...

Gorgeous Cam, lucky you to get to try before everyone else!
x

Nikki said...

You should have left the "accidental" out of that design feature sentence. NOBODY would ever have guessed that your clever beading was anything but carefully thought through!

Jennifer Rose said...

yay for extra found money :D

the purse looks really nice. love how the spots on the fabric go with the frame

Anna Bartlett said...

I thought the odd bead may have been the accident... but it still works beautifully. Definitely do a few more of these! I've got about 10 of these frames put away somewhere (square ones thought) and I didn't get further than actually purchasing them - so you're about a thousand steps ahead! How about being brought back fabric?! Great idea!

Christy Amular said...

very beautiful!