Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Owls Have It


Things have been so crazy busy around here that I completely missed a 2nd birthday a couple of weeks ago...



So I whipped up a super simple and super quick little skirt.

It's just two rectangles - the front one appliqued with a lovely row of owls, then overlocked and sewn together, hemmed, and elasticised.



The applique is a strip cut from my Owlie Oracle fabric.

It's hard to see in this photo, but I pressed and topstitched the side seams in pink thread, just for fun!

I'm off to deliver it today, with fingers crossed that it fits... here's hoping.

9 comments:

Andi said...

Extremely rather very gorgeous!!

Megan.K. said...

Cute!!

Melissa G said...

Well hey! I'd wear that skirt.

willywagtail said...

It's beautiful. Love the close up of the weave. That always gets me excited. (must be a fabric nut eh?) Cherrie

Carly Findlay said...

So cute!
I am glad she loved it :)
And I can't wait to spend time with you refashioning my op-shop top!

michelle said...

where can i get one ????

Ady said...

Does this come in my size?!! Awesome fabric, Cam.

Swirlyarts said...

Cute skirt!

Renae said...

This skirt is gorgeous! I want one!

I hope the little girl loves it :)