Monday, May 9, 2011

The Birthday Loot - Part 2


Part 2 of the birthday loot went on a little country detour before it made its way to my house.

You may remember that I visited The Big House a couple of weeks ago in Ballarat, and I was drooling over the selection of vintage dresses.


There was a particular vintage housecoat that took my fancy.... you can see from the photo where I've taken it from the rack and looked at it, and it put it back rather messily!



Well, my little sister very sneakily bought it for me after I left!

It's very large and very shapeless, but the fabric (and the buttons) are beautiful. In the interests of my sanity, I'm not going to try to convert into a shapely dress that I can wear. I think I shall make an a-line skirt or a wrap skirt instead.


She also included a beautiful vintage tablecloth and teatowel.

My mum went to Ballarat on Friday, so she took my pressie home to Beeac with her.


So, on Saturday, my older sister and I packed up all the kiddies (six of them in total) in her people mover, and headed off to visit Beeac for an early Mothers Day celebration.


There was lots of collecting firewood...


Feeding the ducks and chooks..


Feasting....


... and dancing while the band played 'Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car', 'Incy Wincy Spider', and 'If You're Happy and You Know It' a thousand times!


Little Zaney even skipped the visit to the lolly shop with everyone else because he wanted to stay behind and play his guitar. I think my sister may have a future rock star on her hands!

6 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

I'm drooling over that housecoat - you lucky, lucky girl!

Steph said...

Looks like a fabulous day! We love the Wiggles too! Can't wait to see what you create with that vintage housecoat!

Tas said...

Oh my. That fabirc is divine!

Unknown said...

aaawww bless them they look as if butter wouldn't melt ;-)) I would love to have listened to them play its great at such a young age to learn to play guitar. I adore the fabric of that dress its gorgeous can't wait to the skirt you make and those buttons to ;-) have a lovely week, dee x

Rob Towner said...

adorable! :)

michelle said...

it looks like you scooped the birthday pool cam. i have been out of the loop for some time so i think i may have missed your big day. belated birthday wishes to you hope it was ace.