Monday, May 23, 2011

Jammin'


Did you know that I love jam?

Well I do. But it has to be homemade jam. None of that fake fruit conserve stuff that you buy at the supermarket.

I've been known to specially request jam purchases to anyone who is going anywhere in the vicinity of a Farmers Market (I'm quite annoying like that).

I may have performed a happy dance when this arrived in the letterbox last week.


Thankyou Katrina....and thankyou Windsor Deli Jam for being so darn delicious (especially on multigrain toast)!

9 comments:

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Oh I hear you! Has to be home made. I am thinking I might have to send over in our shipping LOTS of jam, as I did not notice any home made jam in Hong Kong. I am also taking an assortment of jam jars, so I can make more of my own too (with fruit from all over the world) And packing my mega large jam making pot also.

Michelle said...

How GOOD is Windsor Deli's Jam! I'm just about out and will be heading to get more asap!

Naturally Carol said...

There is nothing like homemade jam..especially locally made! It's a wonder fruit even gets a look-in, in some of those jampots at the supermarket.

Tas said...

I grew up in Tasmania where you could go to markets and school fetes and buy home made reaspberry jam. LOVE raspberry jam! Not a hope in South Australia sadly :(

Unknown said...

Nothing beats REAL jam , enjoy !

Swirlyarts said...

Mmmmmmmmm - yummy! If you have a microwave you can make your own very easily - no need for faffing with jam pans :) http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2008/08/easiest-way-to-make-jam-ever.html Matt makes lemon curd/cheese in the microwave too and that is fabulous! Not sure what you call lemon curd in Australia?

Miss Prudence said...

this would go perfectly with the pumpkin scones I just posted !!!

Unknown said...

yummy...enjoy ;-)) dee x

DbrhH. said...

Home made marmalade with whiskey added is the best!!!!. But I do enjoy rosella as well. Haven't made either for ages.