Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree Yukka


My sister and BIL and the kidlets are heading off for a Queensland holiday this week (soooo, what do you think the chances are of the phone ringing at 4AM while they're away?)

I had to take advantage of the slave labour family christmas spirit before they left, and invited the boys over to decorate my tree.

I can't deal with any of that mess inside the house, so my original idea was to get them to decorate the silver birch tree in the front garden....


.... but using their own artistic abilities, they decided that the christmas baubles were much better suited to hanging from the dragonfly lights and the yukkas.


Once they'd finished, I tried to get just one decent ta-daa moment for the christmas album.


...and again


...and again.

I give up.

11 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Cute! You can never get boys to all pose on cue, trust me! Love a little garden decoration..

Jan said...

there's always one! Gorgeous kiddoes - and gorgeous - um - tree.

Anonymous said...

such little cuties :) nice decorating too!

trudi@maudeandme said...

Even in the age of digital it is still hard to get that shot.

Maxabella said...

Your photos are like my photos. I mean, would it kill them to look at the camera with even a half smile at 1 2 3? But, you know what, I think these crazy photos are better in the end anyway. They look proud of their Christmas Yukka and that's the main thing! x

Sarah said...

ha ha ha

just like my boys!

Naturally Carol said...

It looks like they had plenty of fun at Aunty Cam's house and you have a superbly decorated yukka in return! I always prefer spontaneous photos as opposed to posed ones anyway as so much more personality is on show.

Lotti said...

It may not be a christmas tree, but they've done a great job and it looks cool.

Miss Prudence said...

Well it is not yuk-ka now! I love it when they do stuff like this!

Luscious Lea said...

I love the discoball style baubles on the yukka.

Carly Findlay said...

These are cute little boys. Love it!!