Monday, March 19, 2012

The Lisette Sew Along - Thornberry

Simplicity 2059 - neckline gathering and binding

I was very excited when Lara joined the Lisette Sew Along...

Simplicity 2059

Lara is an amazing dressmaker and I really enjoy her reading her dressmaking blog posts. I often add patterns to my 'want to make' wish list after seeing them on her blog.

Simplicity 2059

In her blog post, she describes the way in which she incorporated the border print into the front of her dress, and a quick and easy tip for the binding.

Thankyou Lara!

Sew-Along Sign Up
Link to Pattern
Sew-Along Flickr Group
Sew Lisette Flickr Group

PS - if you've blogged your dress and I haven't yet added it to the sidebar, please let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pendant (and the dress is nice, too!). ;o)

LionessLady said...

I love the sneaky panel inserted in there! How very clever!

muralimanohar said...

Hrrmmm...all these fabulous gowns are really teasing me into wanting to sew one for myself...and I love the belt loops idea, cause my waist is WAY higher than I like to wear belts, and I hate the ride-up when you belt a top or dress like that! :D

willywagtail said...

Congratulations!!