Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Creative Space...


It's taken me a week of to-ing and fro-ing and some terrible indecision and procrastination and garnering of opinions from The Twitter and The Instagram.... but I finally made a fabric decision for my Lisette Sew Along dress!

Although this wasn't my favourite overall print of the fabrics that I pulled from the stash (and that I'm therefore classifying FREE just because they're not new), it was definitely the most appropriate weight for this type of dress.

Fingers crossed I'll get it sewn up on the weekend...

Did you see that we now have over 20 peeps signed up for the sew along? There are also some extra non-bloggy peeps playing along via The Twitter too. How darn cool.


In other news, I've been having terrible trouble commenting on blogs since Blogger introduced this silly CAPTCHA verification system. I manage to get through all my blog reading three times a day while I'm doing my nebs.  So, if you just picture this - I'm sitting in front of the computer, with my glasses off. with a nebuliser mask on, with a nebuliser haze in front of my face, trying to work out the CAPTCHA words and type them in. When I get it wrong three times in a row, I just give up. It's absolutely bloody impossible! 

So apologies if you haven't heard from me lately!



The home of my creative space

Sew-Along Sign Up
Link to Pattern
Sew-Along Flickr Group
Sew Lisette Flickr Group

14 comments:

yardage girl said...

Good luck with the dress ~ I am sure it will be fab! The word verification is rubbish, isn't it ~ I've had mine off for over a year with no obvious consequences. Have a good day, Cam!

sister outlaws said...

Love that fabric Cam!!

GerryART said...

I know what you mean about attempting to decipher meaningless words that a robot, no doubt, would not have trouble doing.
That said, most times I'm getting them right the first attempt.
For this I got new glasses?
hugs
Gerry

Ady said...

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the dresses from the sew-along, Cam. It's going to be great!

Rie said...

OMG... me too... I hate the new captcha words, and I'm sitting here with my reading glasses on & trying to guess those stupid words, I get them wrong about 90% of the time!

Lien said...

I'm thinking I need to go back to Spotlight and buy the same pattern. The one I picked might be a bit too ambitious for a beginner sewer with no time!

I totally understand the captcha thing. We were trying to buy radiohead tickets last week and the stupid Ticketmaster word verification was so difficult to read and I was trying to input it while the clock was counting down because it would release my tickets again if I wasn't fast enough. Talk about stress you don't need!

willywagtail said...

I think bloggrer might be trying to kill the blog world. Love your fabric. Their must have been some paisley in my early childhood because, although I don't use or wear it, I have a cosy feeling about it. Maybe it was a in a quilt. Cherrie

Jennie said...

Thats a really sensible decision, with the fabric choice!
I turned off the word verification a long time ago, it just depends how much spam you can put up with tho!
XXJ

Lotti said...

I hate those words too .... sometimes they are a total pain to read and understand and drive you nuts ... I just go for it and hope for the best. Love your fabric for the dress....look forward to seeing the finished product.

Leonie said...

Yeah I've had probs with them too.
I like the fabric, bright and busy, what more could you want? Can't wait to see how it looks made up.

Kate said...

I just turned the word verification thing off today.
I should have done it years ago.
Drives me insane at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing your dress.

Mistea said...

That will make one gorgeous dress. I'm still trying to decide if I want to play along, but when I went to Spotty tonight they were closed at 7, what is with that??
Enjoy the weekend sewing.

Stomper Girl said...

Aren't they ridiculous? I can barely read them even without nebulizer haze! I've turned word verification off, one word was bad enough, two barely legible ones are seriously annoying!

Sandrine said...

Oh I am glad I am not the only one that get that word wrong several times in a row :)Crazy!
Good on you for starting I MUST start this weekend...xx