Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two-Way


I had to run some errands yesterday, so I took the opportunity to quickly pop in to Vinnies to see what was on offer.... where I spotted this gem.


I know that it's a Nana skirt that's totally and utterly unfashionable in its current state, but there were pangs of nostalgia when I saw the label, and there's only one word for the 100% Australian Lightweight Wool Fabric - DIVINE.

Sadly I think we all know what happened to Fletcher Jones...


But, back to the skirt, and the ingenuity of the design.


It's fully reversible, so you can have a grey skirt one day....


...and a red one the next (and you should probably iron it before wearing).


I've saved my favourite part for last. Underneath each pleat, the fabric has been woven to reveal the other colour.

Now I just need to work out whether I can re-fashion it into something that's wearable and maybe even fashionable?

11 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

Omg i think it's gorgeous! And so clever. what about a quick shorten? I dunno, i'm a dag but to me it looks pretty super as it is, and you wouldn't want to lose that botton stripey thing xo

Lotti said...

I know a women who is related to Fletcher Jones and when she was younger she always always had the best, most beautifully tailored skirts, they were gorgeous and of course made by Fletcher Jones. I was slightly green eyed, although I'm not a jealous type person .... however, I did want one of those gorgeous skirts at the time.

Leonie said...

OH its lovely as it is. I love a classic tailored piece.

yardage girl said...

Cam, I love it as it is ... gorgeous for winter with some boots!

Jo said...

Oh I would wear it as it is too!!! Lovely - amazing fabric and tailoring.

Fiona said...

It's fabulous! I'd lose the fringe and wear it (red side out) with boots. The grey doesn't rock my world, but the red is right up my street.

Miss Muggins said...

If anyone can pull it off, it's the fab Super Pops!

JaBCreations said...

I think this is totally wearable just the way it is. Some opaque tights and a plain black top and away you go. Having said that I'm sure you could also think of an alteration that's fab (I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and think your stuff is amazing)

Unknown said...

I would keep it the way it is. Fringe and everything. That is an awesome skirt. Oh, and I must have been under a rock, but I totally missed the Fletcher Jones memo. How sad is that?

Kate Moore said...

The two-way's a treat. I've never seen one like it.

Tassiegal said...

Keep it as it is.... you could always do some funky stitching or something on it, but the actually skirt itself is gorgeous as is.