Friday, August 3, 2012

Feather Your Nest


I've been sending sneaky peeks and random feather photos out into the universe for a few weeks now.


When I came up with the original idea for my Feather Your Nest exhibition piece, I started making lots and lots of little feathers....


.... and then when I put that idea together, it just didn't work at all. It made no sense. No-one would have been able to work out what on earth I was trying to convey.


So then I changed it up completely and did lots and lots and lots of green stitching...


...and then hand stitched all of these little feathers into place to create...


Bird on a Fly Wire





The exhibition opens tonight and runs for the entire month of August.

It's also a satellite event of Craft Victoria's Craft Cubed Festival! There'll be lots of exciting exhibitions, open studios, and workshops to visit as part of this years festival.



Please visit my August advertisers:

Yardage Design
Spincushions
Tinniegirl 

19 comments:

Miss Prudence said...

oh i love it~ I love flying ducks too!!

Melissa G said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful.

annie said...

Your feathers are lovely. They would make quite wonderful brooches too don't you think? I am always getting comments on your rainbow flower brooch!

Selina said...

Amazing Cam! I just love it! xx

nicole said...

oh it looks fabulous! all those little feathers came together so well!
i'm thinking about all the hours of stitchery that have gone into that and it's making me feel exhausted!
great work!
xo

Unknown said...

Bird on a (fly) wire. Haha - such a clever name! It looks great too :)

Rie said...

Wow! You are a super-duper fab lady Cam! That is just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

willywagtail said...

Exquisite. You really do have some amazing ideas and lots of patience too. Cherrie

annie said...

I missed your frooch post! Up to speed now! They are as lovely as imagined.

annie said...

I missed your frooch post! Up to speed now! They are as lovely as imagined.

bec said...

Ack, it's fab! I had no idea from the pics where this was going, and then I thought the green bit was a love heart! I love it! Quirky and pretty, like you!

Tas said...

Love your feathers, Cam, but your duck is truly gorgeous!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It looks awesome Cam. Can't wait to see it in person.

Michelle said...

I love it. Just wonderful. And it makes me super happy. And isn't that what art is all about?

LionessLady said...

Oh my gosh! It's marvellous! You must be very proud!

Leonie said...

What a gorgeous bird Cam, I'm always so in awe of your creativity :-)

Megan said...

I love the name! Yay for the great unveiling. It turned out great, definitely worth the wait. What was your original idea that you were trying to convey? I'm curious now!

Anna said...

Sorry I missed it! Will be sure to visit before I go home!

AMM said...

What a beautiful piece of art.