Friday, August 31, 2012

The Choose Your Own Bag Adventure Wrap Up

It's the end of another lovely monthly sew-along challenge.

Sew alongs like this are really fantastic as you get to see an entire range of different bag patterns, featuring a huge array of different fabrics. It's a great learning and sharing experience for newbies, and even for experienced sewers.

Without any further ado, here's a little show and tell featuring the gorgeous bags... please go and visit the blog posts that I've linked to for all of the details.

bag2

You Sew Girl Hobo Bag by Seabreeze Quilts

Little Boozle 2012

The Two Zip Hipster by Little Boozle

finbag

Sheriff Bag by Finki

Afternoon Tea bag

Ann Francene Dimmer Ready for Afternoon Tea Bag by Mistea Crafts



You Sew Girl City Bag by Beccasauras


 










You Sew Girl Baguette by Me


Thanks so much to everyone who played along, and I think we'd better thank Nikki for her amazing range of patterns, of which we've managed to include six.

You can still add your bags to the Flickr Group or just pop on over there to see more photos.


Now if you're looking for something to sew in September (eeeeek September already), Carmel from Solomon Sewing is having a Hat Sew-Along. I've signed up. It should be fun!



A huge thankyou to my August Advertisers:



If you would like to advertise in September, just send me an email and I'll get back to you pronto!

9 comments:

thornberry said...

What a wonderful array of bags! I finished mine last night and should get it photographed today - just in time to squeak into August. Thanks for organising and motivating us Cam!

nicole said...

whoa! so many bags!!
great organising cam :D

Karen said...

Thanks for the inspiration Cam - I am ready to go on two more thanks to you. Tan finished a second one so she was really on a roll!

Tas said...

Thanks for the motivation, lovey. One bag and three skirts later...woohoo!

Unknown said...

Thanks for organising this Cam I had lots of fun nutting out and making my bag :)

Your bagette is gorgeous by the way :)

rachelmp said...

Just love those bags! Unfortunately my fabric and pattern is still sitting on my cutting board. August = illness month here

seabreezequilts said...

I really wanted to make more than one but it just didn't happen, but I did a lot of bag fabric shopping and pattern shopping during the month

Carolyn said...

I wanted to join in but was just too busy.Love it if you'd consider having another bag sew-along. Gorgeous bags - well done everyone!

Dianne said...

WOW! Great collection of gorgeous bags made by fabulous crafty people! But as with rachelmp above, August at my place was 2 sick kids (1 week each) then the flu for me.I actually have 1/2 a doz school fete bags just in need of a button hole and a photo - close, but no cigar!