Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lifesavers.... get a HOLE lot more out of life


A couple of weeks ago I made a frivolous purchase of nailpolish. I haven't worn nailpolish for years, and have no intention of wearing it at the moment, but while waiting at the chemist, I just couldn't resist those colours. I was completely seduced by their point of sale marketing.


It's been sitting on the kitchen bench ever since... just waiting.


The eldest nephew was visiting earlier this week and he needed to make a gift for a friend, so I suggested that we make a necklace.

We used some really pretty silver chain and findings from my stash, and we painted a washer with the different colours of nailpolish to make a pendant.

When I posted this pic on instagram, Carmel mentioned that it looked like a Lifesaver, and it totally does too!

Photo courtesy of My Poppet and Just B

In a complete moment of serendipity, Cintia from My Poppet posted a DIY Neon Pop Necklace tute using nailpolish on the same day.



The gift was a hit, so I decided to make another for myself.



In pink and orange of course.. it's a bit of fun and something different!

9 comments:

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

great minds think alike is what I always say
xx

simplestitches said...

Cam that looks great!
I work at a pharmacy and know exactly which ones you mean...my girls have EVERY colour in that range!
It's like a giant colour wheel.

Chiara Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chiara Z said...

Brilliant! Bright and easy for little people to do and so much fun for big people too.

Mrs A said...

How gorgeous! I might have to have a life saver too! Beautiful bright colours :) Did you bake it so it would set by any chance ?

Lien said...

What a great idea! I usually paint my nails whenever I go to either of my sister's place because I'm generally to cheap to buy them myself. Which is lucky seeing I can't commit to one colour and use up the whole bottle.

Karen said...

Very cute Cam - and very you!

Have finished my bag - though not the one I planned to finish! Blogging on Monday, just in the nick of time!

Bron said...

Pure genius...that is what we call thinking on your feet. Super Aunty to the rescue again. x

Carly Findlay said...

I really like this idea - and I wondered why you had such lairy nail polish when I visited you! The necklaces look great!