Friday, November 23, 2012

A Wedding Gift


When I received the invitation to the B-Fabulous wedding, I knew immediately that I really wanted to give the happy couple a handmade gift.

I also knew that I'd exhausted all of my own gift ideas.... so it was time to outsource.


At around the same time, Cathy showed me her very first handmade journal.... and I was smitten!


So I commissioned her to create a beautiful travel journal that the happy couple could take away on their honeymoon to New Zealand.


I love that it has a little bit of me in there via the fabric choices.


There's a mix of papers and pages inside, and plenty of room to record their memories of the trip.

I'm totally in love with it so I hope they are too!


I also commissioned these lovely stitched badges from Janine. Totally sweet!



13 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

What a thoughtful gift! Lovely choices.

nicole said...

cam! it's GORGEOUS! such an inspired gift!
cathy has done a fabulous job!
xo

Merry-Go-Round Handmade said...

love the journal, the badges are cute too. Those gifts will be loved & treasured.

Carly Findlay said...

I love this! I like the map pages And the way it's bound together. A lovely gift!
I studied book binding as part of my masters and I have a lot of lovely papers, I should bookbind again. This has inspired me to book bind again.

Jody Pearl said...

Very thoughtful gift giving and having just returned from NZ that map of NZ's Nth Island is a beauty.

Jennifer Rose said...

what a great gift!

Dee said...

Oh I love this ! What a beautiful gift.
I love handmade pressies made just for the bride and groom.

Melissa G said...

This is a wonderful piece Cam. A truly thoughtful gift. I am sure the wedded couple will never forget who this came from.

Tas said...

Oh wow. That is the most beautiful gift, Cam.I am sure that they will treasure it.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Yes, it had to have bits of you in it. It also has a piece of fabric from a bridesmaid dress I once wore and some fabric from Mrs Beckinsale's wedding dress. And of course the Atlas pages are from an atlas you bought for me. Lots of nice connections to contribute to it's story. And hopefully now it will be filled with lovely new stories.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

And I'm pretty impressed with my guerilla sewing effots!

Traffic Pulse India said...

Remarkable issues here. I’m very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?
Cultural Weddings Jaipur

Bron said...

Oh it's beautiful...it sure will help create some beautiful memories...or at least help remember the ones they make. xx