Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Art and Business of Surface Design - Week 1


Week 1 of the course is now completed!

I ended up every so slightly behind with it all after another transplant false alarm threw everything awry on Friday.

So far, I'm loving the fact that it's encouraged me to get back to the sketchbook and just draw and doodle.

Then the bonus for me is that there's a technical workshop at the end of each week that focuses on digital elements of design (totally up my alley).


This week is filled to the brim with medical appointments, so you'll probably find me in a waiting room somewhere, sketchpad and black fineliner in hand.... waiting for inspiration to hit.


9 comments:

JaBCreations said...

Will keep you in my thoughts and keep my fingers crossed that your next call isn't a false alarm. Meanwhile looks like your having fun with the course.

Unknown said...

Love your doodles, what programme are you doing and what is the name of the computer programme. It looks great
Annie Clough

Beky said...

Looking great Cam. I nearly did that course, not sure what happened. Hang in there. xxxxxx

Vireya said...

Sorry to hear you've had another false alarm! I hope it will be third time lucky very soon.

CurlyPops said...

Hi Annie, I can't find your email address to reply. The course is The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design, and I was using Adobe Illustrator in this example.

The Creative Beast said...

I'm sorry for the transplant alarm, but I must say, these designs looks really great! I can't wait to see how you continue to develop them =-)

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

I had no idea you had another false alarm. Yay and boo all at once.

I love your doddles. I can't wait to see where this Design course will take you, I know I will love your new creations :)

Unknown said...

Love your designs!

Miss said...

You've been doing great work - and coping with a lot of stuff at the same time - doubly impressive.

It looks like a fantastic, inspiring course, and perfect for you. Looking forward to seeing more fruits of your labours.

Hope your week goes smoothly, and you find inspiration in some unlikely places...


Best wishes

Jenny