Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Artistic Collaboration


A few weeks ago, I came home with a lovely pile of drawings and handmade christmas decorations that Nikki's wee girl had been furiously working on all day just for me.

Her drawings are just so irresistably cute!

I was racking my brain trying to think of a little christmas pressie for her, when I realised that I should use her beautiful drawings and make an artwork for her new bedroom wall. I looooove the lion, but I think the little chook is my absolute favourite.


Yesterday, I received a gorgeous christmas pressie too - homemade lemon butter, and the sweetest little zip purse with my favourite little chook!

So cute!

18 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

That's just delightful. Cam, you obviously hold a special part of that little girl's heart, and are an inspiration to her.

Her drawings are wonderful, and she'll have that print forever. So special! Her lion is my favourite.

willywagtail said...

You know what they say? Great minds think alike!! Nicky's wee girl sure has potential. I am sure she will love her drawings by you!! Cherrie

Cathie said...

what a great pressie!
wee girl will definitely LOVE that

Nikki said...

Wee girl definitely DOES love it, Cam. A stroke of genius on your part. It will always be my favourite artwork!

Kate said...

Brilliant Cam! I can't think of a better prezzie for a young artist. Just brilliant!

Jenny said...

Such a lovely idea:)

Ange Moore said...

What gorgeous art and so lovely to have it framed on her bedroom wall. You going to steal any of this art to make fabric - because I'd definitely buy some!!

Fiona said...

I agree with Ange ... she may have to collaborate on some future fabric designs with you. Lovely present idea for the wee girl!

Kate said...

How sweet!

Margaret said...

How gorgeous, I love the fact that you have framed it. So cute!

Andi said...

Gorgeous gifting all 'round!!!!
Andi x

Melissa G said...

I love the way you think. The framed picture is sweet and cheerful.

Michelle said...

That is fantastic Cam! Bet she was thrilled!

Vic said...

I loooooooooooove the framed pic Cam - gorgeous!

Merry Christmas Superpops, if I'm not around the blogs again before then! xo

sophie said...

Oh man, I love, love, love!! Beautiful illustrations! They look so good in that frame, so perfect!!

Unknown said...

awww those are super cute kids drawings you just can't beat. What a gorg personnal gift you have made to. Have a lovely christmas. Dee x

Swirlyarts said...

Oh fabulous :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It looks absolutely sensation Cam. You and the wee girl make a great artistic team I think.