Thursday, December 16, 2010

A different type of gift...

Appliqued tees - Dragster Dominoes Fabric

I'm off to a little christmas lunch gathering on Friday with a couple of girlfriends and their kiddies.

In previous years, I've managed to make all of their christmas gifts myself, but as the families have expanded, it's become a little more difficult.

This year I started making, collecting, and swapping earlier.


Sam, Cate, and Lily are getting some lovely Beccasauras appliqued tees (which I forgot to photograph before they were all wrapped), Belle is getting a gorgeous Beccasauras tunic top (also forgot to photograph).
Cate is getting the superb Polly Pratt dress that I won at Sew It Together, and Lily is also getting a little dress that I made a while back. The girls are also getting some beautiful hairclips that I bought at the Daylesford Makers Market a few weeks ago.


I actually managed to make the pressies for Connor and Jack. I followed Nikki's tutorial for the belts. I had no idea what waist size the boys are (and there was no-one on hand to measure), so I just googled garment sizing and used those measurements - hope they fit eeeek! Also, I didn't have the right size D-rings on hand so I substituted small slide-adjusters instead.

I know that kids don't get very excited about receiving clothes instead of toys for christmas, but at least their mums will be happy!

PS - Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments on yesterdays post and via Facebook - some very generous people have already called 131495, or booked their next blood donation appointment online - what a superb effort!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

LOVE those belts Cam!!!!
well done, you are super ready now.

enjoy your christmas get together ♥

Nikki said...

I'm so inspired to get onto some belt-making with your fabric, Cam. The purses worked out beautifully!!