Monday, December 20, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas to me - part 2


More goodies just for me!

I bought myself this super sweet embroidery kit from the very lovely Magdalena from The Craft Revival.
I'm taking it along on my mini beach holiday (it's too short to take the machine). I've had a little mini sneak peek inside - it has absolutely everything I need, even a sewing needle!

I also picked up a sweet little Polly Pratt mini needle book from Anna - also a perfect holiday size!



On Sunday, we went into Ballarat to have a browse around at some of the vintage / secondhand shops.

I found this lovely vintage dress. I'm not quite sure whether this colour suits my skin tone, but I'm going to try it with a red slip underneath and just see.


I also found this gorgeous rose embroidery which has the ugliest plastic frame I ever did see.....


.... and to think that someone actually chose to have it professionally framed with that (quite a long time ago according to the old six digit phone number)!

7 comments:

willywagtail said...

Some times you just have to ignore whether the colour suits you perfectly and enjoy the feminity you feel when wearing it. That's my philosophy for the good days anyway. Cherrie

Maxabella said...

Yay for you! That dress would look stunning (to me) with some bold turquoise or jade jewellery. Might help to reduce the orange effect too? x

CraftyMummy said...

Memories... When I was a teenager I stitched a rose just like that one and gave it to my grandmother. (But nowhere near Ballarat)

Tas said...

Oh that dress is fabulous. I hope that you decide that it suits you. Have a great mini-break. You are all set!

Swirlyarts said...

Nice dress :) And yeah for buying presents for yourself!

Selina said...

Have a great break Cam! Enjoy it!

Jan said...

Love the dress, Cam, esp. the frilly edge - just right for doing a twirl. Good on you for buying pressies just for you. Have a great break; hope the sun is shining - wonder if we will ever have a summer (dull and windy in Ballarat today). Merry Christmas.