Friday, June 24, 2011

The Flowerpress Brooch Swap - In Technicolour


To tell you the truth, I was a little bit nervous when I signed up for Susie's fantastic Flowerpress Brooch Swap.

You see, I really only make one type of brooch at the moment.... and I've made lots and lots and lots of them over the last two years since that very first accidental felty one.

I was a bit worried that my partner would have seen all of the flower brooches that I've made, and not wanted one, and then I was puzzled as to what on earth else I could make?


But then I breathed a sigh of relief when I received my swap partner....

I'm about 99.9% sure that she doesn't read my blog, and won't see this before her brooch arrives.


But to top things off, she also made a flower brooch for her partner (which of course, I've now concluded to mean that she would also love a flower brooch).... oh, and it also doubles as a hair clip as it has a brooch finding and a clip on the back (double duty accessory).




I was having trouble choosing a colour scheme, so I went with technicolour....


I think it's the perfect thing to brighten up these cold grey days at the moment.


I posted it on Monday, but I'm pretty sure it's probably stuck in some sort of ash cloud delay somewhere on it's way to NZ.

I really hope she likes it.

Thanks so much for organising such a super fun swap Susie!

6 comments:

Christy Franklin said...

I prefer technicolour items at times, means it's much more versatile! Love it, and I'm sure she will too!

Michelle said...

I love the technicolour version! Goes with all kinds of overcoats!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I love technicolour too - it goes with everything!

Tas said...

Oh. technicolour gets my vote too. It is beautiful!

Fiona said...

Very snazzy and practical - I like the many colours, not to mention the fact that it's a brooch and a hair clip at the same time! Sure she'll love it!

Christine said...

Hi Camille! I got your amazing brooch in the mail yesterday and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooooo much :) You are so clever!!!!! And I love the extra's that you put in too :) Thanks :)