Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Chef's Hats


It's birthday time again round yonder these parts....

The twins turn three on Friday.  

Three.... already! It really doesn't seem that long ago that they were such tiny little bubbas.

It's actually quite amusing to look back at the blog and see how much they've changed from 1st birthday (wearing the outfits that I made), to 2nd birthday (playing with their scarflettes and manbags) to now.

But somehow, the twins have made it three without me ever making them a custom Chef's Hat!

In fact, it's been so long since I made one that I had to actually refer back to my own tutorial for the measurements....

I've used velcro for the closure - easy for little hands


I've been holding on to the lovely Mookah screenprinted denim that I bought at the Finders Keepers Market, just waiting for the right project to come along. This was the perfect opportunity to show it off.

Hmmm I really should have ironed it before taking photos...

I've also made them each a matching kiddie apron (in a nice dark colour to hide the stains). I'm sure my sister will appreciate that!

12 comments:

Ange Moore said...

They are fabulous! I may have to give your chef's hat a go - have an idea to make kids aprons out of opped teatowels and use the offcuts for the band on a chef's hat.

Jennie said...

Love these hats Cam!
Miss Eva is having a cooking party soon - I've started on the t-towel aprons, but don't know if i'll have time for hats too.
It might be a last minute - have a go and follow you're tutorial!! (i'm not too good at patterns/instructions tho !!)xx

Adele - A Lass from Downunder said...

What a fabulous gift idea Cam! The planes and trains screenprinted denim is perfect for the lads too!!

Anna Bartlett said...

Fab fab fab, love the plane and train panels - how'd you do them? I still haven't made a chef's hat - have been meaning to for years... and oh, there's a little one's birthday this weekend! Thanks for the reminder!

Naturally Carol said...

They'll be kitted out well now for playing 'junior masterchef' now! I do love the trains and planes.

Unknown said...

;-))) That is really cute ;-)) dee x

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Love them, they are gorgeous!

Gina said...

Truly, you are the coolest aunt. Well, until they turn about 7, when you will start to appear less cool, and it'll be tougher to make them such awesome gifts. Meanwhile, they will get some great wear out of those hats and aprons.

Mookah Studio said...

What a fantastic way to use our screen printed denim fabric! They look fabulous, hope the boys love them too.

ZippyZippy said...

Thosr hats are fantastic! Lucky boys.

Unknown said...

Those are excellent hats... I think my C may be requesting one to go with her cooking kit she had for christmas!

michelle said...

they are gorgeous cam, have you put in your order for chocolate cupcakes?