Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Calendar Girl


Sometimes really big crappy stuff happens, and even though you feel completely helpless, just something teeny tiny like making someone smile is enough.

Bianca had sent me a lovely calendar teatowel quite a few months ago now. One of her girlfriends bought it for her as a 30th birthday pressie.

It had been languishing on my cutting table ever since....


In a serendiptious moment at the oppy, I found this lovely green floral fabric which was a perfect match for the bag lining, and that spurred me into action.


I couldn't quite decide between green and orange straps (and I couldn't ruin the surprise by asking) so I decided to go with both!


While I was making it behind the scenes, I even sent out a few sneaky WIP photos on instagram.... but she still didn't notice.


But I can happily report that it most definitely made her smile!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great bag! I love it!

Leonie said...

what an awesome bag!!!

bec said...

You really are the bees knees, Ms Pops! It's gorgeous!

Copper Patch said...

It's great Cam. I'm sure B loved it!!
Ab x

Jennie said...

Beautiful Cam!
So great that you could make something special for her.XX

Shells said...

Great job, well done.

Lotti said...

What a great use for the tea towel and a really great bag. Love it.

teddybearswednesday said...

it's gorgeous Cam! I would be smiling too!! xp

Anna Bartlett said...

Fab bag, Cam - you're a jet!

Naturally Carol said...

What a fab bag! Very smileable!

Jenny from Ohjoh said...

Love the green & orange - good choice!

Cass said...

Looks fantastic Cam, love the colours

Jen said...

that is sensational Cam - just the right way to turn things around!

Bron said...

that's gorgeous Cam - love green and orange! x