Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Wonky Wreath


I spied Vic's lovely yarn wrapped Christmas Wreaths over at Punky and Me a few days ago, and they gave me the inspiration to have a crack myself.

With no cardboard on hand, I went out searching in the dark unknown depths of the garage stash and found some different size embroidery hoops (just another thing I hoard from the oppy even though I don't embroider), and some random balls of yarn.

I didn't have anything red or green, but orange and turquoise was close enough!


I faffed around with it for a few nights on the couch. I was a bit mesmerised watching Kev on Go Girls instead of concentrating on the wrapping...

But, once I'd finished all that wrapping, I thought it was missing something... it just wasn't quite Christmassy enough - but I had an IDEA.

Back out to the dark depths of the garage for another search.... this time I was looking for wire, and my wire beading jig (another thing I haven't used in the last 5 years).

When I opened the box labelled 'Wire Beading Jig' .....surprise surprise I found my long lost hot glue gun - HALLELUJAH!

What was that rule I learned at Lissanne's workshop???  LABEL, LABEL, LABEL.


After that little bit of excitement, I sat down and crafted a little star (or what is supposed to be a star) using some copper wire and the jig.


Yesterday, I finally hung it on the front door - with only four more sleeps til Christmas.

And here endeth a very long story about a very wonky wreath.

8 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Love the crescent like shape of it Curly Pops! I like winding. In fact I keep winding scarves around my head. It make my gaskets feel better...holding my head together! Winding winding...

Jennifer Rose said...

that is so cool looking :D very arty wreath!

Sheeprustler said...

That's not wonky, it's asymmetrical, which is a proper art word and all, and very important! Merry Christmas!

Jennie said...

I love the shape you created with the two hoops! AND the non traditional colours - so pretty!

Anna Bartlett said...

Lurve it!

Ady said...

It's lovely, Cam. I love the star! Merry Christmas! x

Bron said...

I love it too cam - i think it looks very welcoming!
x

Megan said...

You're doing better than me, my wreath to be is still sitting in it's spotlight bag in pieces. Next year hey? I do like yours though! Very fitting.