Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mr Mustard and the case of the missing apron


Have you met Mr Mustard?

I was reading all about him last week, and found that his 'Kiss The Cook' apron was in the wash. Every sweet little bear deserves something new for Christmas, so I decided to make him one.


Step 1 - Create the Fabric Design.

With a chocolate brown bear and a name like Mr Mustard, I couldn't resist sticking with the chocolate and mustard colour theme.

A bit of Photoshop and Picnik magic and some inkjet printable fabric and we have a starting point.


Step 2 - Make the Apron

I made myself a little cardboard template and cut out the front panel, and some plain yellow cotton drill for the back panel.

Sew right sides together  with a teeny tiny seam and leave a gap. Trim and nick the curves.

Turn out and topstitch.


Step 3 - Add some straps

This bit was a little tricky, as the apron was soooo tiny, but I managed to find some nice strong ribbon in the stash which works perfectly.


Step 4 - Find A Model and Show it Off

This is Moby.

Moby is a little bit smaller / shorter than Mr Mustard but he was the only willing participant in my house (and he's a bit of a show off).

Mr Mustard's apron is now in the mail and on it's way to Jess's house. I hope it makes it in time for Santa!

14 comments:

Sally said...

So totally cute!

teddybearswednesday said...

Cam you are amazing, and not to mention super special and kind! I love reading the step by step process of Mr M's gorgeous new apron.
And it perfect , the colours everything!! thank you so much xo

Alison said...

How sweet!

Miss Prudence said...

what's that Moby? You want one now? And a matching hat? ......

Jennie said...

So so gorgeous - well done Cam!!x

Lotti said...

so clever, that is so cute.

Vic said...

This is so frikkin awesome Cam!

lamina @ do a bit said...

awwwww... he is gorgeous! I LOVE his new little apron... soooo cute! He's going to be one lucky little bear :)

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Gorgeous! One lucky Mr Mustard.
I am laughing, as I sent your parcel today, with the tea towels wrapped up with a ribbon - quite possibly exactly the same as you used here. I picked this ribbon as I thought you would like it......now I have seen this post. To funny!

Bron said...

so cute!

Swirlyarts said...

So cute!!!

Tas said...

Seriously- can something be too cute?

How can a little softie have a nicer apron than me? ;)

Kylie said...

That is just so dang cute! Love it! And Moby is very sweet too... how nice of him to model for you.

Jen said...

What a crack up Cam! they are gorgeous models. And really diggin' the apron.