Saturday, September 27, 2008

Art on the hop

Now that we're selling the house, we have to tackle all of those horrible pesky boring trivial items that haven't been fixed up over the last 6 years. One of which was fixing the wall in the loungeroom where we put a new wall up during the kitchen renovation of October 2006.

To disguise the join even more, I whipped up a canvas in 15 minutes flat. A bit of leftover Dulux Chalk USA low sheen wall paint, some raw umber, yellow ochre, and red ochre and this is what I ended up with. The pattern underneath is plastic beads on some fishing line that I glued on with some PVA.

More of the same droll tomorrow (de-cluttering and cleaning)....I'm not looking forward to it.

7 comments:

A said...

Very ingenious! I love that you made a great artwork out of things you already had. Neat!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

No, it doesn't sound like a very fun chore at all. Make sure you take time to do nice things for yourself too. You are going to need that self nurturing.

I love the painting. Very clever.

The Essess said...

Good job Curly Pops, the colours suit the loungeroom wall....
I will check it out tomorrow... Goodnite...

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a clever coverup! Even better that you used supplies you had on hand. Good luck for the packing.

Liesl said...

That's ingenious and looks really great! (But getting ready to sell is the pits). Take care - hope your Sunday is productive. xx

Sasparilla Sue said...

I feel your pain! That's exactly what we are doing right now too. It seems like as we pack boxes more and more stuff appears. It was waiting in the nooks and crannies of the house waiting for the right moment to appear. I don't remember even buying most of this stuff...all right - who's been dumping their junk in my house?!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Terrific. I love the wall pattern behind it also.

Ah moving..t'aint fun. DH and I just look at each other whenever we have even had the slightest idea of doing it.