Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is.....show off time

Wowee Katie picked a hard one this week!

I've been trying to think of something that's sort of arty or crafty related.....this is a little bit lame but it's the best I could do.

Twenty years ago (sheesh I'm feeling old right now), my design was chosen as the front cover of the annual school magazine. This was back in the days before computers, and in the days of the very old photocopiers so everything had to be hand-drawn in black fineliner pen.

1988 was the bi-centennial year, hence the tall ship and the whales. I find the whole thing quite amusing now....I still have 2 copies of the magazine that I been dragging around for the last 20 years.

For more of This is, check out Angela's blog...and of course you should go and visit the lovely Sharon who has been doing a fabulous job filling in while Angela has been away.

12 comments:

Drewzel said...

Go you! Grouse cover! We didn't end up having a school mag in 88 because the slack arses that were supposed to do it were too busy being bitchy and drinking too much. Still cross? me? yep!! hahahahah

Liesl said...

How cool is that! Great theme. I only ever got a couple of little cartoon drawings in on some obscure page of our school mag. I don't think I had the right connections on the school magazine committee!

flossy-p said...

heeee, that's great! Hang on to them tight!

Sarah-Jo said...

hahah this took me back I think I was in yr 5 or yr 6???


very rad cover too btw ahahaa!

meetmeatmikes said...

Awesome job, Miss!

Thinking muchly of you, Ms Pops de Curl!

Anastasia said...

How cool!! id be keeping it too...i have a few things from highschool that I will never throw out!

Kirsty said...

I love it when things like this turn up.

Hope your weekend has been good Cam.

The Essess said...

Oh my god!! yes you keep alot of stuff!! I remember those cartoon snakes and horses you drew many years ago too!!!

Lonie said...

tee hee! Love the toothy whales!. But how can '88 be 20 years ago already??

Maureen Reynolds said...

Keep it! Someday your own little chicks will have a smile and laugh that mummy was famous waaaaay back when. (And is it true Mummy that there were no computers then??? Well how did you look things up !?!???)

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you have kept all of this stuff.........how fab, I think with all my moves I have had to constantly declutter

Nicola said...

Well done keeping stuff from school. Mine all got lost along the way and I do regret it. Good choice.