Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mikes Week of Baking - Day 2

I'm joining in with Pip for A Week of Baking over at Meet Me at Mikes.
.
So for day two....a lovely little gingerbread cookie set. My sister bought this for me from Sovereign Hill in Ballarat.
.
I haven't had a chance to test run the recipe yet, but here it is if you would like to try it:
.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups Self Raising flour
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3 teaspoons ginger
.
Mix flour, sugar and ginger in a bowl.
Melt butter and golden syrup and add egg.
Pour in dry mixture and mix well.
Roll thinly and use cutter to cut shapes.
Cook in 180 degree celsius oven until biscuits are brown and then lower heat to 150 degrees celsius. (About 10 to 15 minutes all together).
.
Last step: EAT!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

What a gorgeous kit, I have never tried gingerbread but I am thinking I will have to give it a go.

Stacey said...

My boys love gingerbread so I will be sure to give this a try.

ThePeachTree said...

Oh, I'm so ready for gingerbread cookies!

Drewzel said...

Oooh yeah, after my tea pic yesterday, and now this, all I want is gingerbread men!!

Liesl said...

Oh yummo - we're big (eggless) gingerbread fans here. We've done boys, girls, dogs and stars. And sometimes even houses.

Have fun!

Unknown said...

I am sure you will have fun when you get around to testing it out. My daughter was given a similar gingerbread making kit for her birthday last year and it has since become a firm kitchen favourite. I love the smell, the kids love the decorating and Mr Big likes the eating!

Anonymous said...

I have a bit of a thing for cookie cutters - I have about 30 of them! Might have to try out this recipe....

Taccolina said...

Mm, I've got a cookie cutter thing going, too. It's the decorating that I like the best!

Beth said...

what a fantastic kit! So cute!!