Wednesday, September 3, 2008

On My Desk .......on a Wednesday

On My Desk today are a multitude of works in progress.....I constantly swap between projects before finishing them leading to lots of mess. I have bibs cut out ready to sew, a stack of fabric that needs to be put away, a beautiful package of ric rac and fabric that arrived in the mail yesterday from Stacey, a naked softie for the Toy Society (I have an idea in my head about making a dress for her), and the cowboy jeans that I whipped up for Moo Moo yesterday afternoon (waiting on a final fitment).


I loved the giant ric rac that I used on Staceys Apron, so Stacey very generously offered to pick some up for me next time that she was at her local fabric shop....

It arrived yesterday......and it's gorgeous.

Then as an extra suprise, she also include this fantastic cowboy fabric. I had to stop what I was doing and immediately start on the cowboy jeans. There was supposed to be an appliqued cowboy tee to go with it, but when I popped down to the Bonds outlet, they were closed for stocktake. I'll have to try again today.

Thankyou so much Stacey!

Stacey is having a birthday giveaway at the moment with a fantastic prize from her Etsy or Made It shops.....head on over and enter.

Washing Machine update - repair guy arrived at 3PM - good news, it can be fixed - bad news, cheaper to buy a new one. Moral of the story - no point buying an expensive brand like Maytag because they don't last any longer than the cheap brands.

17 comments:

Gillian R said...

Dang - those repair men are mean!
Love the cowboy patch jeans! And that mega ric rack is fabbo.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

So much productivity going on at your place. I love that Cowboy fabric.

Big spew about the washing machine.

Unknown said...

You are such a busy busy bee!

I have some of that blue cowboy fabric. I havent used mine yet, but it is seriously cute!

Georgie Love said...

We bought the cheapest Daewoo Washing Machine we could find, it's an odd shape and has odd buttons, but going on 3 years now and it's never busted on us. Having said that, I have a Fisher and Paykel dryer that does get weekly use (we live in the damp hills, not much gets dry on the line - even in summer) and I haven't had that play up once in nearly 6 years.

Fascinating stuff, eh? ;-)

Michelle said...

We have a Maytag - it's only died once, and it cost us $250 to fix it.

Sometimes I think appliances are cursed though.

Can't wait to see Moo moo's jeans and shirt combo!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the cowboy jeans - too cute!!

Drewzel said...

I've had a basic Simpson washer for the past 15 years, not a problem. (touch wood).

Love the cowboy fabric! Moo moo is sooo lucky!

Cindy said...

The fabric love goes without saying and that ricrac blows my mind. I love it.

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

I'm really loving the jeans!

Kirsty said...

Stop start projects drive the date insane. I leave a little trail of craft behind me.

Anonymous said...

stacey was so kind, people are so generous

Liesl said...

Now that's what I call an industrious desk. I love the cowboy jeans - they are really cute!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

You look pretty busy...I dont know where you find the time LOL. Look at all those bibs, i cant wait for my sewing class to start in a couple of weeks then I will be sewing up a storm and will have soo much to show case. I cant wait Im giddy with excitement. Have a super day!!
Kyla

Maureen Reynolds said...

Sweet little cowboy fabric - tho I know the pardners' would balk at the word sweet!

Ah pricey repairs...and relatively cheap replacements. It really does get us into the whole consumerism cycle, doesn't it. I shall go kiss my Askos.

Unknown said...

What a great stack of projects you are working on! I adore the cute cowboy fabric!

I am having a give away too and would be happy to have you join!
~Emily in Norway

Stacey said...

The jeans look fantastic!
I totally agree about expensive washing machines. We bought an Asko and had to replace the motor after 5 years because apparently "that's about how long they last, love."

edward and lilly said...

I'm loving that giant ric rac!
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who swaps between projects :)