Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Featured Hottie Number 43

Tinniegirl Hottie - close up

It's a double hottie treat from me today....

This one is the entry for Cathy from Tinniegirl.

At the time of the challenge, she was moving house and all of her art supplies were packed up, making it impossible to create a hottie in time for the deadline.

I asked her to tell me her vision of what she'd planned to create for the challenge, so that I could take that vision and interpret it into a finished hottie on her behalf.

In Cathy's eloquent words.....

My vision was to create a set of ‘magic lungs’.  I thought the hottie template made an excellent shape to house a set of lungs so I was going to create a set of lungs and then I wanted to create all the bronchial tubes with some kind of gold so they looked all sparkly and magical.  I guess I was thinking about the esoteric nature of organs passing from one person to another, and feeling a sense of the magic of that.


Inspired by Jennie's thread sketching, I used my sparkly thread to create a set of 'magical lungs'. I really liked how the stitiching created texture on the piece of interfaced calico, so that it's sitting forward from the background.

For the background, I was completely stuck on creating a rainbow. It seemed to fit with the theme of 'starting afresh'.

I just hope that I did justice to Cathy's vision.

The homepage of The Hottie Challenge - lots more in the Hottie Flickr Group and the Hottie Exhibition Group

6 comments:

Selina said...

I just got goosebumps reading Cathy's vision and seeing your interpretation of it, so yeah, I think you did it justice. Love it.

xx

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

You took my vision and combined it with your own in a most wonderful way. You know I haven't thought about it until this moment but the really cool thing is that we actually encapsulated the vision in the process as well: the idea passed from one person to another, capturing a sense of magic. Just perfect.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

PERFECT! What a sensational collaboration. Well done to both of you.

Unknown said...

Love it! Great collaboration!

Jennie said...

Wow Cam!!!!!
This is truely magical - I love the rainbow background - and to do the thread sketching in sparkly thread just takes it to another level. I love how the lungs sit forward from the hottie, its like the rainbow is framing them! XXX

Leonie said...

Beautiful hottie. Very evocative.