Friday, July 22, 2011

Making a Spectacle


I have a little project from last year to show you today.

I was lucky enough to test some of the patterns while Nikki was writing her book You Sew Girl.


This is the spectacles pouch from page 73. It has a beginners rating and it's really quick and easy.

The wool felt makes it a perfect project for the younger novice sewers too. It's a fabulous blank canvas to embellish as you please (so of course, I made mine in pink with a floral motif).


But the best bit is the bottom - it has this very nifty expandable pleat so that it can fit even the chunkiest of blowfly sunnies!

6 comments:

Mistea said...

Your pouch looks fabulous - best start making the projects from that wonderful book.
Cool Flower.

Melissa G said...

Lovely, and ever so fashionable.

Unknown said...

Love it!

Nikki said...

GOsh - that seems like an age ago, doesn't it?

Still love your VERY Curlypops version of it!!

Michelle said...

Lovin that pink wool felt - great colour!

~ Kim ~ said...

Soooo pretty. I need one of these. I can't find my glasses anywhere.