Monday, July 18, 2011

Super Lola Nova


A few weeks ago, I spied a very cool Felty Cuffs Tutorial over at Lola Nova.

It's was like the planets had aligned and shooting stars were raining down..... because every Superhero (even the completely mad and foolish ones, who like to embarrass themselves in public) needs Superhero Cuffs to go with their Superhero Headband!


But, do you know what's even more special about these particular felty cuffs?

They were made by the actual Lola Nova. How cool is that? Answering my own question here... it's way cool!


This is the arty-type shot where my arm is slightly out of focus so that you don't notice that I really need to invest in some moisturiser!

The best bit is.... I will wear them - you do know that right?

13 comments:

Miss Prudence said...

I am thinking this costume should definitely continue to grow until it achieves the entire ensemble

Vic said...

Lucky duck!

willywagtail said...

Could these be great canula holders in disguise? How cool do they look. I always love maching stitched felt. I think it reminds me of the comfort of my little penguin which I was given rather than a teddy bear (why I have so many teddies now). He had machine stitched felt on his beak and feet. I love the fact that super hero colours are really within your special range of colours too! Cherrie

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Cam..all the kids at sunday school yesterday had to come dressed up as super heros..I am sure they could have done with a few dozen pairs of Super Nova cuffs there!

Jennie said...

Sooooo cool Cam!

(don't arms and hands turn out different when photographed up close! mine were the same when i did this too!)xx

KH said...

I LOVE these! My daughter has been to several super hero parties and I'm always a bit stumped, these would have been perfect. Next time.

Swirlyarts said...

We would expect nothing less! Go Super Pops!

Unknown said...

awwww kids will love these ;-)) So bright and fun, dee x

Miss G said...

They are fab, Cam! I love the simple heroine style and if my inner Super Hero emerges personified she will be wearing cuffs like these!

Lola Nova said...

As Alabama says about Clarence in the movie 'True Romance,'..."You're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool."

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They are fantabulous! I think I need to make my little super heros some too, when I can find which box I packed the felt in......

Anna Bartlett said...

Of course you will wear them. I expected no less. I'll bet you can sew like lightening when they're on... I know I can type like lightening after a glass of champagne and vacuum like lightening after a glass of baileys... imagine how fast you'd be if you did both!

Anna Bartlett said...

Of course you will wear them. I expected no less. I'll bet you can sew like lightening when they're on... I know I can type like lightening after a glass of champagne and vacuum like lightening after a glass of baileys... imagine how fast you'd be if you had a drink and wore those cuffs!