Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Karma and Thrifted Tuesday

I had a very strange day today....

I had a hospital appointment in the afternoon and I parked my car on one of the side streets which has ticketed meter parking. As always with these types of appointments, I paid the maximum amount for the maximum allowable time which was 2 hours, just in case they were running late (which is quite the normal practice).

Suprisingly, things were running on time, and by the time I returned to my car, there was still another hour available on my ticket. I waited until I spotted someone who was parking their car, and said "Excuse me, would you like my ticket as it still has another hour left on it". It was an older lady and gentleman and they were chuffed that they didn't have to trot off to find a ticket machine. I smiled to myself and thought, 'well, that's my good deed done for the day'.

I decided to drop into Vinnies on the way home to have a look around.... and lo and behold, this is what I found!

After my 'This is' post on Sunday, where I mentioned Roald Dahl books and The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, these books were all at Vinnies for 50 cents each.

....and this cool knitting patterns book named Oddies (for odd bits and pieces of yarn), a childrens pants pattern, and some self cover buttons.

It must have been karma....

18 comments:

Ulla said...

I hope you had a good appointment at the hospital as well! Great finds.

Beth said...

Ahhh the bfg! And the witches! What great finds!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

How funny is that about the books?!

Great crafty finds too.

Good Karma - glad it found you.

Cass said...

That is good karma alright. Great books too

muralimanohar said...

I think you would get on well with my dd...your list of favorite books is very close to her list, too. :p

Bird Bath said...

Hooray for Karma! How great was that? The self cover buttons are bound to be good for a craft - up.

Unknown said...

There are so many nice little things people can do for others, but usually don't - I'm glad there are still people who do! :)

Liesl said...

As my mum says "one kind deed deserves another". Great treasures you found at the oppie!

JustJess said...

Fantastic post Cam - good things happen to good people! Hope the appointment was just routine. Those books are all treasures. The BFG is my absolute fave. Master 6 is working his way through Roald Dahl - he's up to Matilda.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Karma for sure!! I used tolove reading those Rold Dahl books to my kids when they were younger.

Christie said...

yep, karma! what a good day!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That's so good. That book Oddies looks so cool. I'll have to have a look at it next time we catch up.

threadsforevie said...

I love doing that!! I did the same thing the other day with a tram ticket. Actually, I think I'll post about it....

Cindy said...

I am sure as you read you will have flashbacks of the time you read it first. I love that.

Michelle said...

Oh yay to karma! The witches is the second of my fave kids book - great find!

Selina said...

Life is good like that... you got to feel great twice in one day from both giving and recieving!!!

Drewzel said...

You deserve lots o' goodness! yay!

Reenie said...

Mr Karma is always very nice....