Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thrifted Tuesday

I popped into Vinnies while I was out and about last Friday and picked up a few goodies. I remembered my trusty shopping basket this time so it made life a lot easier......



I picked up a bit of fabric and some more zips (one of these days I'm actually going to learn how to sew zips so that I can use all the zips in the stash).



A brand new single sheet set with a pillowcase for $12. I actually bought it for the fabric because it's a much heavier cotton than a normal sheet set.

A bag of felt bits and pieces that will be perfect for making some softies for The Toy Society.

....and these groovy books.

The inscription inside this one is really sweet.......



5 comments:

Nicola said...

I love those flower illustrations. I have a real soft spot for some 1970's stuff.

Liesl said...

You must have a super Vinnies near you - those fabrics are great.

Gillian R said...

Those flowers in the book would make a great applique for a quilt or bibs or dress!
Great finds!!

Lark said...

Wowee, great haul!!

Allison x

Drewzel said...

Goodness! Imagine what would happen if your Australian Boys book got together with my Australian Girls book......