Friday, August 8, 2008

Love Fridays.....part 2

I'm back from Spotlight......

This time I decided to try a different approach. I didn't take a basket or a trolley at the entrance. I decided that I could only buy what I could juggle in one armload.


I found some cotton that co-ordinates perfectly with Stacey's fabric....

Now that I can use my overlocker, I can start collecting overlocker thread!

.....and I found these three fabrics. The blue floral is much prettier in real life....I found it in the remnants bin, 2 metres for $3. The middle one was on one of the special tables for $4 per metre. It's sort of a heavy weight cotton. The one on the right was $2 per metre from a different specials table.

So I managed to juggle 4 reels of cotton, 4 reels of overlocker thread, a folded up piece of fabric from the remnants bin, and 2 rolls of fabric in one armload....

Now I can spend my Friday night planning Stacey's apron...yippee!

I forgot to add.... Friday night is the best time to shop at my local Spotlight because there are hardly any customers and never any lines at the cutting desk.

11 comments:

Liesl said...

That was very restrained! When I visit Spotty I tell myself that I'm not taking a basket either .... but its amazing how much you can squash on the top of a pram.

I love the floral fabric on the right. What a great print and a bargain to boot.

Cindy said...

I want to know what Spotlight that you go to that is nice enough to have trolleys. I have to carry around my bolts and goodies while manuvering a pram with a grabby 1-year old and keep a 3-year old munching on the MM gum balls all in line. It still doesn't help control the spending though.

Anonymous said...

What good taste we must have - I have the middle fabric and the one on the right! I've made bags from them and a pair of pants for Clare from the middle fabric. You got a big bargain though - I think that I paid full price!

Nicola said...

I bought the exact same blue spotty with flowers fabric here in NZ. I wasn't so restrained and went back the next day for more. What are you going to make with it.

Nic

Nicola said...

Forgot to also add, that I had no idea Spotlight has trolleys or baskets, either I am too blinkered or we are missing out over here in NZ. And I can juggle quite a lot of fabric in one go. Even once manged to get 10 pale blue bowls for a £1 each to the checkout without dropping a single one. Amazing what you can do for a bargain when you try.

Christie said...

I am a no basket girl too, for the same reason, but I also add a time limit, i.e, when my daughter (19 months) starts loosing it then it is time to go!!

Oh & Cinday: Spotlight in Sth Melb is quite new & fancy & has trolleys

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good trip to spotlight. I love that top fabric - do you know what it is?

Michelle

Kirsty said...

The Friday night thing is a great tip...I usually go for first thing in the morning to avoid the masses.

You showed great restraint with the armful idea too.

trash said...

*sigh* I miss late night shopping.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm a trolley girl I'm afraid, I always start off with what I can carry, which then becomes a basket, which then becomes a trolley. Fortunately there's a playground right outside our local SL so my son thinks it's a massive treat to go there... unfortunately my husband isn't so easily conned!

Gillian R said...

I have the fabric in the middle. It's a bit asiany/eastern influence?? I made a lovely big brimmed hat and handbag for my friend. I still have heaps of it left. Love it!