Saturday, August 16, 2008

This is......how I like to spend my weekend

Given my current job / work / life status, my weekends are not that much different than weekdays, except that Mr CurlyPops is home with me!



He always makes me a nice cup of coffee when I get out of bed and then we usually decide what to do for the day. Of course, I love to do something crafty while he usually wants to do something sporty!

Today, we did a little bit of shopping, including a trip to Moopoo Art Supplies to pick up some lino (I bought lino cutters last week but forgot the lino). There's a Moopoo review that I wrote over at Craft City Melbourne.

We also stopped at the sewing machine shop where I picked up a new little toy for my machine.

I haven't actually unpacked it yet so I have no idea if it's any good.

We also went to Mitre 10 for him!

This just looks like a big pile of mess at the moment, but tonight I've been making some brooches from vinyl, leather, felt, and vintage buttons.

Now I have to pack up all of my sewing supplies because I'm off to a girlfriends house tomorrow for some sewing while Mr CurlyPops is at the footy.

It's ended up being the the perfect weekend.....crafty for me, sporty for him....everybody's a winner!


Thanks to the Bird Bath for the ace theme and of course head over to Three Buttons to see who else is playing along.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great way to spend your weekend! I'm like you - trying to make the most of spending time with Mr QM while he's at home. It's good when you get the perfect balance!

Anonymous said...

I *love* your big pile of mess.... that is my kind of mess! Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend too :)

hokey said...

Mike and I are planning to do some lino printing this weekend too! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Cindy said...

I love your organising system, I have to get myself some of those thread boxes with my ever growing collection.
I can so relate to your crafty - sewing balance.
I really like the look of those brooches too, are you going to be selling them or just for special friends.

Kirsty said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me Cam. Enjoy your sewing day today.

Gillian R said...

I'm with Cindy on that one, brooches look like they're going to be fab!
Is that a special sort of box or just one you've acquired for the purpose?
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!

Sweet Mary said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me Curlypops - I also love a weekend that involves doing something with my honey. We enjoy gardening together. I fancy myself as the brain and he is the brawn.

Unknown said...

I spent most of this weekend with my man too, even the errands can become a bit fun. I can relate re craft vs sport too, except in my case it's craft vs guitar - it becomes the soundtrack of the house sometimes!

Can't wait to see the badges :)

Jenny said...

What a lovely weekend-I like that everyone's a winner!

Unknown said...

Craft shops and hardware, what a perfectly balanced weekend!

Sasparilla Sue said...

that sounds like a really great, productive weekend. I'm amazed at your ability to keep those thread spools so organized! I'm hopeless when it comes to organization.

Off The Peg said...

I am in love with your super organised thread box! Mine is an absolute shamozzle.