Sunday, March 2, 2008
This is...........Soup...........New Floors
This weeks theme suggested by the lovely Pip is........This is my inspiration board.
I don't actually have an inspiration board. I am inspired by way too many things (books, magazines, tv shows, other blogs, nature, landscapes, art, people, etc) and there are always ideas floating around in my head. So I decided to wander around the garden thismorning and take some photos to make a inspiring garden mosaic.
To see who else is playing along, head on over to Angela's blog!
Pip is also having a soup recipe challenge so here is my entry. I made this soup for dinner lastnight and there's plenty left to put some single portions in the freezer for lunches.
Roast Chicken and Whatever Vegies are in the Fridge Soup
1. Peel and prepare any vegies that you have. As a minimum, I usually use potato, pumpkin, onion, garlic, carrot, and celery (because I usually always have these in the fridge).
2. Choose any extra vegies that you have. I had a corn cob in the fridge lastnight so I added it.
3. Put all the vegies through the food processor using the grating attachment.
4. Put the grated vegies in a large stock pot (I actually use my electric wok).
5. Add chicken stock (I usually use 2 litres).
6. Simmer for a couple of hours.
7. Take all the meat from a roasted chicken (I buy one at my local Charcoal chicken shop for extra flavour). Chop up and add to the soup.
8. At this stage, you can also add Basmati Rice (for a more substantial meal).
9. Simmer for another 20-30 minutes (or until the rice is cooked).
Whoops....I forgot to add this step.....add salt and pepper (as little or as much as you like)!
10. Serve with toast or some nice crusty bread and butter.
And last but not least:
My kitchen floors are finally finished (which is why I was able to cook soup lastnight).
We still have no furniture in there until Monday but at least we don't have to eat takeaway food any more....yippee!