Thursday, May 1, 2008

Big Cat's Arty Swap!

I finished my art swap piece and it's all ready to be shipped all the way to the US of A!
I tried to use lots of different types of textures....could be something to do with the fact that I love playing around with PVA glue.....I think this obsession might have started at Pre-school.
I also sewed on some beads for a bit of extra glam!

I'm sending mine off to Tessa from Make Life a Tree and Leaf.... (very cool name for a blog).
It's pouring rain in Melbourne today (yippee)....great for the garden, not great for art photos.....so this is the best I could do.
I really hope you like it Tessa!

I have to give a really big thanks to Cath from Big Cat's Emporium for organising the swap. It was lots of fun to get out the paper, glue, paint, beads, fabric and cotton and stick them all on a canvas.

I'm receiving a fabulous piece of art all the way from NSW from Shellbells of Bubba & Chicken.
It's a really cool art piece / letter holder - and in perfect colours for my house!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, thats ace! I love that you've incorporated beads into it, very cool!

Shellbells said...

very nice my dear...You have excelled your self. Tessa's going to love it...

Sherrin said...

wow! this looks great!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Fantastic work- love the colours and textures! The beads add a special somthing..

Danielle said...

That looks great. I'm sure Tessa will LOVE it :)

Tessa said...

Everyone is right I LOVE IT! You should have seen the look on my face I am thrilled!! It is beautiful and abstract just how I like it! It will go beautifully in my room and I am very excited to put it there! You have definately out done yourself it is lovely and I am VERY excited! Thank you so much for creating that for me!

Drewzel said...

This is fabulous! Yeah baby!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wow. That is so, so lovely. You have done such a fantastic job. It is so exciting seeing all the different results.

I can't wait any longer. Am heading home from work and will be posting pictures of mine straight away.

Linnea said...

That is beautiful! I love all of the texture!

Bec said...

Wow - what a stunning piece of art!!!

joanne said...

that is fantatsic!!