Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On My Desk.......on a Wednesday

Photos above and below courtesy of Anna Laura.

Wow, the week is flying along and it's time for On My Desk already!


On my desk (kitchen table) today is a beautiful piece of hand screen printed fabric that I bought from Anna Laura. My photo doesn't do the fabric any justice (as you can see I haven't even ironed it yet)! I love the simplicity of the design and the combination of black and red.

My plan is to take the left hand section of three branches and stretch it over a frame to make a piece of wall art, and then I have one branch left which I will probably use for a bag.

If you haven't checked out Anna Laura's blog then head on over. She also contributes to the Made It blog.

9 comments:

Christie said...

That is SO beautiful! Lucky you reminded me that it was Wednesday!

Selina said...

Give us a sticky beak when its finished. I've done some work with fabric over canvas.

Kirsty said...

She's a goodie that Anna Laura. I can't wait to see your finished projects.

Shellbells said...

love the print my dear!

mill said...

I love the print and the colours! I should check out the site...

Michelle said...

It's lovely, will look awesome as art and a bag!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Those clean lines really appeal to me. It will be nice to see stretched.

Jenaveve said...

On the weekend I was toying with updating some of my own fabric canvases - only I haven't figured out how to remove the heavy duty staples from the canvas frame... easier said than done I think. Maybe they are not meant for removal? But I think it's great to be able to swap and change them, and use the old fabric for other things.

I think this Anna Laura fabric is just beautiful - definitely fit for the job. Looking forward to seeing a finale photo if you go with it.

Unknown said...

aaah thanks for such a sweet post!

I am looking forward to seeing the bag and stetched canvas!