Friday, May 2, 2008

Flo's Pumpkin Scones

Jess has asked me to post Flo's famous pumpkin scone recipe.
I haven't tried this one yet but this is it......


1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup mashed pumpkin (cold)
2 - 2 1/4 cups self raising flour

Beat together butter, sugar and salt using an electric mixer.
Add egg, then pumpkin.
Finally stir in, by hand, sifted SR flour.
Turn onto a floured board and cut.
Place on a heated floured tray and cook on the top shelf
of a very hot oven (225 degrees C to 250 degrees C) for 15-20 mins.

Yummo......sounds delicious!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Lady Flo came to my school for our year 11 speech night.

We all had to bring a plate.

80% of the plates were pumpkin scones. She wasn't a woman who cringed, but I imagine she may have that night.

Sherrin said...

I love pumpkin scones!! I still remember how good my granma's were, and she dies when I was in grade 3... mmmm pumpkiny goodness! I love pumpkin muffins, too. :o)

JustJess said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! My Nanna had this on a teatowel which must have gone to the op-shop, and I have been looking for one ever since! Maybe I should gocco my own?!

cookie said...

thanks for the recipe! i have never had pumkin scones before, but will certainly give it a go!
love

Anonymous said...

I have the recipe on a postcard somewhere. i picked the post card up at the wonderful peanut van in Kingaroy, QLD (foundly known in my family as the peanut capital of australia).

my dad LOVES making scones - i think it is the simplicity of it (flour, milk, salt). anyway he adds dates to his scones which are EXCELLENT!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Thanks for the recipe. Just made these pumpkin scones, they are delicious on a cold Melbourne winters day. Thanks.