Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Birthdays, Books, & Tops

My nephews birthday party was lots of fun. Everybody had a great time. He got lots of lovely pressies and there was lots of lovely food to eat.

This is my sister saving the ice-cream cake as my nephew tried to stick his hands in!

I ordered these books from Amazon in November and then promptly forgot all about them.

They finally arrived yesterday! I haven't had a chance to read them yet because I had visitors over for dinner lastnight. Tonight I'm going to sit on the couch and read my books and watch trashy tv (I love that the Biggest Loser is back on and So You Think You Can Dance has started)!


This is what I made on Sunday. I have never made an item of clothing before and I have never used a pattern. I made this up on the fly basing the design on a top that I already had. It was quite painful because I had to keep putting it on and taking it off again to get it to fit properly. I did a lot of unpicking and re-sewing but I finally got there in the end. Yippee! It's still a bit tight under the arms so I might just have to do some more un-picking at a later stage.

I started on another top yesterday. I just have to sew the straps on and modify the back of it a little bit, so hopefully I will finish it today.


In other news, I joined Brown Owls on the weekend. I joined up as a Sixer so I can go to 10 meetings a year. I've never done anything like this before so it's a bit nerve racking. I can't wait to meet some new crafty ladies but I'm a bit shy so I might just hide in the corner at the first meeting. I'm hoping that I might learn how to knit and crochet. I'm also hoping that I might learn how to use the overlocker that I bought on Ebay...

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I really enjoy it and will be a return visitor!

MildlyCrafty said...

Hi, I've just joined Brown Owls too! Don't hide in the corner - everyone feels the same way when meeting a big bunch of new people. You'll be right mate!

Kirsty said...

Brown Owls is going to be great!