Friday, February 8, 2008

Things that don't go together

Today I finished the new quilt for my baby nephew.

Here are a couple of photos of what it looked like right after I finished........


..........And then I put it through the washing machine and dryer so it be nice and clean and sweet smelling for the handover.........



.......And todays lesson was - Don't use cheap cotton to sew a patchwork quilt top because it shrinks in the dryer! Oh well, I still think it's cute.


Next task for the day - make a multitude of bibs. I could only manage 8. I have a very short attention span and I get bored easily so making the same thing 8 times in a row was as much as I could handle.



.....then the delivery truck arrived with the materials for this weekends task.


This is the front of my house. When we renovated the kitchen, we installed french doors that lead out into the front garden. At the moment, if you try to use the doors, you fall down the step (which was originally a window opening) and end up lying on a patch of dirt under a tree.


So this weekends task is to pour a concrete patio outside the doors. If you can see the stick in the foreground, that indicates where the patio is going to end. There will also be a footpath along the front that will lead to a gate because we are eventually going to fence in the front yard and make it a useable space.


So even though we need the rain, please no rain between 8AM and about 3PM tomorrow......

....and one last completely unrelated item.....this is my herb garden today....



Just ignore the dead looking stick thing in the pot at the right (I don't know what happened there, but I suspect it was a victim of my two weeks holiday at the beach over Christmas).

6 comments:

spices for violet said...

Love the bibs... very cute!

PS: You've been tagged!
Tag Rules
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Let me know if/when you write your seven things so I can check them out!
Steph :)

Stacey said...

I think your quilt still looks lovely - it looks all puffed up and cozy.
Bibs are lovely too. I'm not too good at making the same thing over and over, although I've been doing it heaps lately.
Nothing like knitting the same beanie 15 times over to take the love out of it!!

Donna said...

Your lovely quilt looks like it was loved before your give it away. I'm sure it will be greatfully received.

It's funny you know, I deliberately wash most of the quilts I make in hot water and then throw them in the dryer for 90minutes on RED hot so I can get the same pre-loved(not new)look.

I just don't do it with anything red!!!!

Chalk and Cheese said...

Great quilt. I can totally relate to the attention span thing... However, you did manage to complete a rather largish project with the quilt, now didn't you?

Belinda said...

Hi I found your blog after doing a random "next blog"!
Love the bibs, how are they for absorbancy?

CurlyPops said...

Hi B, couldn't find an email address so I hope you check back. With the bibs, I use a cotton print for the front and a flannel (plain or print) for the back. The front is decorative but the flannel is really to absorb any mess. They seem to work just as well as any bibs that you can buy in the shops. If you would like, I would be happy to send one to you so you can check it out. Just let me know whether you would like one for a girl or a boy and what age (I make 2 different sizes). Just email your snail mail address to mscurlypops@gmail.com and I will pop one in the mail.