Friday, February 15, 2008

One birthday present.....completed





Sorry for the dark photos but the light is fading for the night.

This is the completed dolls quilt for a friends daughters birthday. This was the first time that I ever made binding. I usually just use the pillowcase method where you put right sides together, sew, and then turn inside out and sew up the seam. This one is so busy that I think it really needed some plain binding around the edges.

I added three snaps on each side so that the quilt can fold in half to turn into a sleeping bag. I figure that undoing and doing up the snaps will also provide hours of amusement (here's hoping anyway).

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

It must be a good friend to warrant such a lovely quilt. Great idea to put the poppers on it too.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful and special present-love the colours.