Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Brown Owls & Pay It Forward Winners!



I had a fantastic time at Brown Owls lastnight. It was so nice to meet some lovely crafty ladies and some fellow bloggers. It was actually quite funny to meet someone and use their real name instead of their blog name.

Thanks to all the girls for helping out us novice embroiderers and organising such a wonderful first meeting. Hopefully I won't be quite as shy and nervous next time.

As you can see from the progress made above over 3 hours, I'm not going to win any speed embroidery championships, but I'm hoping to have my name finished (and maybe even sewn onto a shirt) by the next meeting.

I forgot to post my Pay It Forward winners yesterday. The rules were:

The first three people to comment on this post will receive a gift from me, sometime within the next 365 days. Who knows when it will turn up, or what it will be, but rest assured, it will arrive. All you have to do is promise to make the same declaration on your blog, and send out gifts to three of your lovely readers. Easy Peasy.
If you miss out on being one of the first three, leave a comment anyway because I will draw a random name also. The winner will be drawn next Monday (25th).

So here are the winners:

Sewfunky

Nicola

Melissa Haworth

Leigh

Zoesquid

I changed the rules because I received 5 comments so I'm going to send a gift to everyone sometime in the next 365 days. I will email all the winners this week to get snail mail addresses.

There won't be much craftiness in my house this week as the kitchen floors are being sanded and re-varnished so everything that previously lived in the kitchen is now residing all over the house. There are piles and piles of things with nowhere to put them. At least I now have an embroidery project that I can finish while sitting on the couch watching trashy tv!

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Great job on the stitchery. It was lovely to meet you last night & I'll look forward to your next visit to the clubhouse.

Jenny said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful, productive night-us faraways wish we were closer to join in the fun!

Jodie said...

Yahoo for brown owls- I'm a faraway so I was there in spirit.

Annie said...

I'm very intersted in the the Brownies..the stitchery looks lovely and what a great excuse to sit down and do more while you watch the box.

Leigh said...

Well now, that was very sweet of you!!! Thank you so much!!!