Thursday, February 28, 2008

Womans Day Book of Handicrafts - 1973

It's a wet and windy day in Melbourne, so what a great day for some 70's handicrafts to keep you busy......

Here are some of my favourite projects from this book.


This gorgeous full length dress......


These fab retro cushions......

A pretty crochet dress......



Snuggle crochet blankie.......

70's special macrame.......

A collage of Woody Walnut the Owl.....


A felt covered book.......


This pretty pink felt waistcoat.......

Matching woolly jumpers for the entire family!.........



Matching shirts for the boys.........


Lots of cute softies.......



And last but not least, these cute charts are in the back of the book.

4 comments:

zoesquid said...

what a great book! So what are you going to tackle on this miserable day?

Kirsty said...

It's a great book isn't it. I've got a copy & I LOVE flipping through it. Show us what you make.

Sherrin said...

you hit the jackpot!! some great softies in there, and you're right, that dress is great! (I was going to make some smartarse comment about macrame on Wednesday, and it's there! I knew it would be!! hehehe)

Have fun! :o)
-Sherrin

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love that book. It is awesome. I would need 2 copies - one to use for collages - those illustrations are too cool, and one for the actual projects in the book.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments.