Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fruit & Veg

I signed up yesterday to have my fruit & vegies, milk, bread, butter and eggs delivered to my door each week. Today was my first fruit & veg delivery (I chose the standard box where you receive whatever is in season at the time).
I'm very happy with the selection I received....carrots, corn, pumpkin, potatoes, onion, zucchini, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, peaches, and mushrooms.
I'm hoping this will encourage me to eat more vegies (could be wishful thinking). If not, they will all be put through the blender to make yummy mushy chicken & vegie soup.
There was one slight hiccup.....they were delivered to the wrong house number (about 10 houses away from me). I had one of my lovely neighbours on the doorstep thismorning with my veggie box. That's one way to make a new friend. I think I will buy a box of choccies to leave in her letterbox to say thanks.


Leigh said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I wish I could have goodies like that delieved!

one little acorn said...

What a great idea - especially for some-one who just a couple of posts ago admitted they don't like many vegies or fruit. Very brave. They do look good.

goatinacoat said...

I get my fruit and veg delivered by a company called Fruitastic. I love the service. I used to spend so long at the markets, but having my fruit and veg delivered worked out to be the same price and I saved a whole lot of time on my precious weekends. Excellent choice!